In the midst of a successful career with some of the world’s top reinsurers, Joël decided to instead service small, dynamic, insurers. Thus, he founded AuclairRe in 2006. AuclairRe International, Inc. is a reinsurance intermediary and boutique advisory firm to small, dynamic insurers. AuclairRe places about $15 million of reinsurance annually on behalf of insurers in both the Property/Casualty and the Life/Health/Accident sectors of the industry.
Since its founding, AuclairRe has concluded over $150 million in surplus relief transactions, structured cost-efficient quota share placements across industry sectors, and raised over $500 million of startup capital for its clients. AuclairRe advisory services help clients achieve efficiency and cost-effectiveness, with a focus on underwriting and claims.
AuclairRe is a member of the Association of Health Insurance Plans (AHIP), the National Alliance of Life Companies (NALC), and the American Fraternal Alliance (AFA). Joël Thompson is a member of the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans (IFEBP) and is a Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS).
Partners & Resources
AuclairRe partners with some of the most respected and trusted consultants and organizations in the industry. This wealth of knowledge, experience and expertise enables us to offer clients first-class resources to meet their requirements.
Treaty and Reinsurance Wording
Rating; ERM & Other Advisory
- 14years of operations; founder with multi decades of experience in insurance & reinsurance
- Over $4 million in reinsurance placement per annum for the Health and Accident sectors
- Over $10 million in reinsurance placement per annum for the Property & Casualty sectors
- Over $150 million in surplus relief transactions
- Quota share placements across accident, health and life sectors
- Insurance, program management, reinsurance and retrocessional placements $500 million capital raise for startup insurer/reinsurer from Asian capital
- Startup successes: Medical Stop Loss Insurance, A&H Reinsurance, International A&H Insurance
- Multiple underwriting audits, multiple claims audits, multiple administrative audits, and multiple management audits across P&C and Health insurance
- Captive advisory
- Business plan creation including financials, models and confidential information memorandum