In the midst of a successful career with some of the world’s top reinsurers, Joël decided to instead service small, dynamic, insurers. Thus, he founded AuclairRe in 2006. AuclairRe International, Inc. is a reinsurance intermediary and boutique advisory firm to small, dynamic insurers. AuclairRe places about $15 million of reinsurance annually on behalf of insurers in both the Property/Casualty and the Life/Health/Accident sectors of the industry.
Since its founding, AuclairRe has concluded over $150 million in surplus relief transactions, structured cost-efficient quota share placements across industry sectors, and raised over $500 million of startup capital for its clients. AuclairRe advisory services help clients achieve efficiency and cost-effectiveness, with a focus on underwriting and claims.
Joël Thompson is a member of the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans (IFEBP) and is a Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS).
Since 2006, Joël Thompson has used his underwriting and operational experience from Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, CIGNA, Reliance National, and St Paul Re to the benefit of his clients.
Partners & Resources
AuclairRe partners with some of the most respected and trusted consultants and organizations in the industry. This wealth of knowledge, experience and expertise enables us to offer clients first-class resources to meet their requirements.
AuclairRe’s experienced actuarial associates provide comprehensive assessments of the costs and benefits of any risk transfer solution. They combine state-of-the-art tools and techniques, stochastic simulation models and expertise in the appropriate business line to assess how different options will impact decision variables.
With more than 30 years of proven international industry experience, our partners provide a wide range of claims management services. These include ongoing and run-off needs, such as premium billing and collection, claim review and payment, and reporting to the risk-takers for all coverages.
- 14years of operations; founder with multi decades of experience in insurance & reinsurance
- Over $4 million in reinsurance placement per annum for the Health and Accident sectors
- Over $10 million in reinsurance placement per annum for the Property & Casualty sectors
- Over $150 million in surplus relief transactions
- Quota share placements across accident, health and life sectors
- Insurance, program management, reinsurance and retrocessional placements $500 million capital raise for startup insurer/reinsurer from Asian capital
- Startup successes: Medical Stop Loss Insurance, A&H Reinsurance, International A&H Insurance
- Multiple underwriting audits, multiple claims audits, multiple administrative audits, and multiple management audits across P&C and Health insurance
- Captive advisory
- Business plan creation including financials, models and confidential information memorandum